This battery was at first manned
by soldiers from territorial, Royal Engineers, and later by specially
trained conscripts who were unfit for overseas service.
lt appears that the three lights in our battery were sited thus,
one near Warners Bungalow Slough Lane, one behind
the One Bell Pub and the other nearer Newton. The
light in Slough Lane was probably the one hit by a German bomb
in 1940, resulting in the loss of the light and three lorries
Some time after this the
battery was based in the field behind the One Bell Pub?
Red :- Behind One Bell PH
Green :- Spout Lane
Note:- the locations are only approximations
Text courtesy of Eileen King, LC